Our Place Peel
Emergency Youth Shelter, Transitional Program
|Record #: CDR0172||Last Modified: 26 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 26 Aug 2019|
|Office Phone||*Administration 905-238-1383|
Head Office: 905-624-4046
|After Hours Phone||905-238-1383|
|Crisis Phone||*Emergency Youth Shelter 905-238-1383|
|Address||3579 Dixie Rd
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2B3
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Mississauga|
|Intersection||Dixie Rd and Burnhamthorpe Rd E|
|Transit Information||26 Burnhamthorpe or 5 Dixie|
|Mailing Address||c/o Our Place Peel
5170 Dixie Road Road E, Ste 206
Mississauga, ON L4W 1E3
|Description||20-bed emergency youth shelter provides crisis counseling and referral services within a supportive environment for young people (16-21yrs). The shelter, located in Mississauga, offers assistance by trained staff (Mon-Sun 24 hours).
The length of stay is three weeks.
The goals of the Emergency Youth Shelter are:
* To provide safe shelter and crisis counseling to homeless youth within their community, enabling them to remain close to family, friends, school and employment contacts.
* To facilitate family reconciliation, if feasible.
* To make referrals to ongoing clinical support and necessary counseling.
* To help youth take responsibility for themselves, their actions, behavior and future within a supportive environment.
* To offer Outreach services for youth 16-24 in need of supports to prevent homelessness, or those who are experiencing unstable living situations.
* To offer a Family Reconciliation Program, that helps youth and their families work though breakdown to avoid or prevent homelessness.
Provides access to a Resource Room offering: Computer and Internet Access; Job Search Support; Job Skills Training and Development; Educational and Future Planning.
|Hours||* Youth shelter Daily 24 hours
* Office Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
|Areas Served||Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 24 year(s)|
|Application||Self referral, referrals can be made by calling 905-238-1383|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Place-Peel/127995940603120
|Primary Contact||Dani Mills, Shelter Manger; Phone: ext 202; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Christy Upshall, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: ext 201; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Peel Region ; Provincial - Ontario Ministry of Family, Community & Children's Services ; Donations ; United Way - Peel Region ; Foundation - Ontario Trillium Foundation ; Regional/Municipal - Peel Region; Donations; United Way - Peel Region|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Homeless people ; Information and referral ; Job search training ; Life skills training ; Residential care ; Volunteer opportunities ; Youth|
|Service Categories||Job Search Resource Centres ~ Young Adults ~ Homeless Men ; Juvenile/Youth Shelters|